Rejection

What do you do when you feel rejected? What do you do when you feel that those closest to you do you wrong or push you aside? Unfortunately, that’s going to happen to everyone of us. During this time on earth, you and me both are going to experience the hurt, disappointment, and sadness that comes with feeling like you’re not good enough or you’re not needed. If there’s any painful feeling, this feeling of rejection is raw. It reaches down to the core of us and hits a nerve that makes it hard to recover. It’s almost like a blow to the gut. 
So where do you go from here? Well, logically I see only a couple answers to that question. First one being, I guess you could punch them in the throat. As ratchet and hood rat as my inner self wants to be, I don’t feel like answering the wrong with another wrong is the answer. Even though anger is my first response usually, when all is said, it’s really my feelings that are just hurt. 
Though I don’t agree with this response to rejection either, I guess we could just sit and except the fact that maybe we’re not good enough. In all realness, I barely could get that out on paper. Why? Because it’s bull crap. It’s a lie from Satan. The truth is, we all have a seat at God’s table and we all have the upmost value in Him. Not only did He say that we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps 139:14), but He also said that we are made in His image (Gen 1:26-27). It’s important to remember that we have an enemy who is trying to wear us down and keep us out of our call from God. We must repeat to ourselves the truth: I am loved, I am a child of God, and He is pleased with me. I also think it’s important to remember that Jesus himself was rejected. John 1:11 says, “He came to that which was His own, but His own did not receive Him.” Later in John 15:18, Jesus said, “If the world hates you, remember they hated me first.” All in all, He knows rejection and the pain behind it and that’s how He can be the great and perfect comforter. 
Last thing is this: sometimes I believe God lets us go through certain situations to move us. Whether we got complacent or God has bigger plans for us, God allows our hearts to be stirred to get our attention. With that said, it is imperative to remember that we do not fight against flesh and blood (Eph 6:12). Although my heart and everything thats in me wants to go hood at the person who offended me, there’s a bigger picture behind it.  I have to remember  that His thoughts and ways are higher than mine and maybe He is leading me down a different path than the one I have for myself. That’s a hard pill to swallow, but I choose to stand on the fact and promise that God has never and will never leave or abandon me. Though people on earth may disappoint or push you aside, He never will. 
Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the Lord God who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or foresake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whoa bro...tough words!

My Secrets

BLog-A-Thon Update: G&P Bakery